Welcome to McPolin Elementary School
2270 Kearns Blvd
Park City, UT 84060
8:10 am - 3:05 pm
8:10 am - 12:30 pm
7:30 am - 4:00 pm
New Student Registration
New Student Registration
Welcome to Park City School District!
2016-2017 new student registration is now open. If you are new to Park City School District or were not an active student at the end of last school year, please complete the new student online registration by clicking on the link below. Your child must be 5 on or before September 01, 2016 before you can enroll them in Kindergarten. There are no exceptions to this as it is State law.
Once you have completed the online registration you need to bring the necessary documentation to your child’s school to complete process of registration.
New Student Registration 2016-2017
¡Bienvenido Park City School District!
2016-2017 registro escolar está abierto. Si eres nuevo a Park City School District o carecían de un alumno activo a finales del año pasado, por favor complete el registro en línea de estudiantes nuevos haciendo clic en el enlace de más abajo. Su hijo debe ser de 5 en o antes del 01 de septiembre de 2016 antes les puede inscribirse en el Kinder. No hay excepciones a esto ya que es ley del estado.
Una vez haya completado el registro en línea usted necesita traer la documentación necesaria para su hijo de escuela para completar el proceso de registro.
New Student Registration 2016-2017 - Spanish
Welcome and or Welcome Back! - To all McPolin Elementary School Families,
Here we go everyone . . . and we could not be more ready or excited to the start of our best year ever at McPolin Elementary School. It is my great joy to be back at McPolin and starting my second year as principal of the “BEST” elementary school “IN” Park City. That is our on-going joke because we are the only Park City School District elementary school that is actually in the town limits of Park City. And yet . . .. No joke! Our goal and commitment is “Every Student, Every Day, NO Excuses!”
I want to use this letter for a couple of quick and important pieces of information. And there will be plenty of information to follow. What I know after 28 years as a PROUD public educator and a 15-year veteran administrator – it is all about communication, communication, COMMUNICATON. I encourage all families to immediately introduce yourselves to this year’s English and Spanish side teachers, and just as important, to get to know the school secretary, Sara Simmons. She is approachable, “all knowing,” and your inside voice to “all things McPolin.”
However, I further encourage you to build a safe, open, and on-going relationship with your child/children’s teachers. Create a system for how you can stay current with the teacher and classroom. Communication can be face-to-face as you come to school, phone calls, texting, e-mails, or scheduled meetings. My support for all of our teachers to manage all situations could not be stronger or more confident.
Research is a word bantered about in our society and “education” all top frequently. In today’s world there is an “endless” supply of “research” on just about anything. What I know, what I have witnessed, and what I fervently believe both as an educator and a parent is the more families and schools work together, the more students succeed. The “research” and evidence is indisputable. Here is just one example, eric.ed.gov/?id=ED315199: nothing more consistently indicates a student’s success than the support and positive involvement of the family with the school, the teachers, and the student. The best way to start that positive and supportive “involvement” is to have on-going communication.
My other “piece” of exciting information is about McPolin being a school-wide dual immersion school, the staffing to support the school-wide model, and most importantly the support from the Park City School District and Governing Board of the McPolin School-wide model. YES! We are a school-wide DUAL LANGUAGE IMMERSION SCHOOL with Spanish as the target language. YES! We are a four-section school. What is that Mr. Edmiston? That means we have four classrooms in every grade other than fifth grade, which is a two-section grade. What this further means is we have dedicated teachers to each grade – we no longer have teachers splitting two grades as well as “splitting” their efforts and their focus while doubling their work. Best of all is the impact the additional staffing has had on reducing class sizes. This year’s class sizes and the staffing are amazing. Please join the McPolin staff and share appreciations as you can with the district leadership – they are supporting students!
And with that I repeat my excitement and energy towards making this the best year ever for McPolin elementary students, families, and staff. Enjoy the rest of your summer and see you soon!
Registration Information for the 2016-17 School Year
- On-line registration for “New” students is up and running. The “registration” link is available on the McPolin website.
- For “RETURNING” families, you will be receiving an e-mail prompt to “re-register” and to confirm, update, and make current your family and student information.
- The school secretary, Sara Simmons, can best manage ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT REGISTRATION.
- ALL FAMILIES ARE REQUIRED TO BRING A COPY OF A UTILITY BILL, A RENTAL AGREEMENT, OR PURCHASE AGREEENT TO VERFIY RESIDENCY WITHIN THE MCPOLIN SCHOOL BOUNDARY – THIS IS A REQUIREMENT FOR ALL PCSD STUDENTS/FAMILIES.
- The office will be open Mon-Fri.’s starting Thursday, August 4th, from 8:00am-3:00pm with a 12:00-1:00 closing for lunch. Hours will be adjusted once the school year starts and the students return.
Start of the Year Planning
IMPORTANT DATES and OFFICE INFORMATION
- Starting Thursday, August 4th, 2016
- Mon.-Friday 8:00am-3:00pm
- 12:00-1:00 office closed
- Starting Wednesday, August 24th, 2006
- Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:00pm
- 1st-5th Grades Start Wednesday, August 24th, 2016
- Kindergarten Starts Monday, August 29th, 2016
- Tuesday, August 23rd, OPEN HOUSE! 3:00-4:00pm. Come and meet your teacher and see your classroom.
- Just an informal way to get the year started.
- The PTO will be sharing information about how to get involved and be a part of the McPolin family.
- Wednesday, August 24th – FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR 1st- 5th GRADE!
- A “FREE” breakfast is served to all students Monday-Friday starting at 7:30am.
- Monday, August 29th – FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL FOR “ALL-DAY” KINDERGARTEN.
- Students will be completing a “pre-screening” kindergarten assessment from Weds. August 24th-Friday, August 26th.
- You can contact the school to “schedule” a time for your child’s time to complete these pre-screening.
- Friday, September 2nd, 8:30am – MPES “FLAG RAISING” ceremony.
- A short 15-20 minute activity that you will remember forever!
- Friday, September 2nd, 9:00am – “ROOM PARENT ‘TEA PARTY’”
- Be a volunteer room parent and get involved!
- We need both and native English speaker and native Spanish speaker for each classroom/teacher to help with many activities and most importantly - communication for ALL FAMILIES!
- Thursday, September 8th, 5:30pm-6: 30pm – “BACK-TO-SCHOOL NIGHT”
- Start with a meeting in the gymnasium to welcome the start of the year and learn how we can all get involved and be a part of the McPolin family and pride.
- Visit both the English-side and Spanish-side teachers
- DO NOT MISS this night – you will learn many important details and information to help support your child, the teachers, and the school.
- Friday, September 17th, Mexican Independence Day Celebration/Fall Festival:
- We are combing the previous “Cinco de Mayo” end-of-year activity and our MOST IMPORTANT AND BIGGEST PTO FUDNRAISER OF THE YEAR!!
- Stay tuned – more will be shared as we finalize plans!
McPolin New Parents School Tour Schedule
Drop off AM
No parking on the red curb at MPES.
Please have kids exit at curbside and depart immediately.
If you would like to walk your child to class, please park at Treasure Mountain and use the cross walk.
If you intend to exit your car, please park at Treasure Mountain. No idling or parking at curb. To avoid traffic congestion, please park at Treasure Mountain.
Please do not block the road.
Who creates the School Improvement and Land Trust Plans? The School Community Council writes the plans and sets the schoolwide academic goals. Want to get involved? We're seeking school community council parent nominees for the 2014-2016 term. Questions, or need more information? Please e-mail email@example.com
How will the school spend next year's Land Trust dollars? $3000, Kindergarten Boot Camp for 20 school-selected kindergartners to get ready for the school year. $3900, to employ a Science Kits Manager for 2nd - 5th graders. The students will be conducting inquiry-based science in the regular classroom. $20,100, for Spanish and English literacy interventions. We will employ staff to work with primary grade children who are struggling to read in English and/or Spanish.